Our commercial surety practice frequently involves representing sureties and insurers in matters arising from claims involving probate, construction, fiduciary, license, customs and permit bonds. We often provide legal opinions assessing the existence or extent of coverage under surety bonds and governing statutes and regulations.
Where coverage exists, and claims exceed the bond’s penal limit, we provide guidance and representation to assure that liability is appropriately limited. If disputes do arise over the existence or extent of coverage, we zealously defend our client’s interests in administrative hearings, at trial, and on appeal. We have a strong track record of success in commercial surety litigation, including favorable results achieved through dispositive motions, at trial, and on appeal. Our experience includes surety matters involving:
- Personal Representative, Executor and other Probate Bonds;
- Guardian, Conservator and other Fiduciary Bonds;
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Bonds;
- Title Agent Bonds;
- Mortgage Broker Bonds;
- License and Permit Bonds;
- Customs Bonds;
- Appeal, Supersedeas and other Court Bonds; and
- Other Miscellaneous and Commercial Surety Bonds.